Cost-effective, durable and rather attractive, our Perfect Bound Printing in Los Angeles are a great way to give your documents an expensive look and feel.
Perfect Bound Printing, also known as adhesive binding, applies an adhesive to the spine of gathered pages which, when dry, keeps them securely bound. Commonly, a soft paper or paperboard cover (or paperback) is attached over the binding adhesive. Perfect bound publications have rectangular backbones. Publications bound by Perfect Bound Printing in Los Angeles include paperback books, telephone books, Catalogs, and magazines. (About 40% of national magazines are perfect bound.)
Perfect bound has certain both advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of technology:
- High performance at an affordable price
- Speed of manufacturing
- A wide range of quantities of stapled sheets (thickness of the spine may be from 6 to 50 mm).
- Any paper thickness up to 220 g / m².
- Perfect bound, unlike sewing by thread or spiral does not create a thick root in thin products.
- Perfect bound – only option of bonding of some publications.
- Reliability- When using the modern equipment and high-quality supplies perfect bonding reliability can’t be questioned.
The main disadvantage of Perfect Bound Printing is the inability to put the publication disclosed. Since the Brochure or Catalog glued in the closed condition, they tend to return to its closed position. Therefore, products that quite often it is necessary to keep open, this method of binding is not very suitable.
If you are looking to create a short to medium run of booklets, Brochures, Catalogs, or even a magazine, we strongly suggest perfect binding. Axiom Designs Perfect Bound Printing in Los Angeles is extremely durable and can be done in a timely and cost efficient manner.
Guidelines for designing perfect bound publications
- Crossovers (images extending from the left-hand page onto the right-hand one) require extra care. Avoid putting critical image parts, such as faces, on the spine.
- Set up the document to the final trim size and make sure there is a bleed of at least 4 millimeters or 0.125″.
- If you supply the document as PDF files to the printer, supply as single pages – not spreads. There shouldn’t be a need to include crop marks on the PDF pages. If you do include them then make sure they are offset by an amount that is greater than the bleed amount so that the crop marks don’t print in the bleed area.
Give your story a happy ending with Perfect Bound Printing from Axiom Designs. We have a variety of paper options available for you to choose from. Our Perfect Bound Printing process allows for custom sizes. In addition, you can apply UV coating on perfect bound book cover to give added protection to your quality product.
Authors and publishing companies from Los Angeles have utilized our affordable perfect bound book printing services and we’d be honored if you did too. Our staff of professionals will meticulously work with you to make your dream become a reality.